Sunday 22 July 2007

18th July... On my way to Dornoch



Inverness and a spanking dinner last night. Thanks to Good Samaritan George for providing an outstanding Indian meal and thanks to all the staff at Rajah!

Full and happy, I slept very well in a lovely bed and breakfast! There is just something so lovely about staying at someone's home and walking into the smell of a cooked breakfast. This morning's breakfast was with two Germans who'd arrived in Inverness for the Highland Games! I had a good laugh, as the four-course breakfast confused the two lads no end, as it was their first ever trip to Scotland! This is what makes B&B’s great - they're not hotels!

After yesterday and a change of tack, the narrow roads and the increasing danger of my ballbag being whacked by large lorry wing-mirrors or worse still... the turbulence of a speeding wagon sucking my nut sack under its wheels gave me an aching shudder! So I dressed to impress!

I put on my kilt, my sporran and white socks and brogues and asked for help. I managed to secure a train ticket that was kindly donated = Hitch! The donated ticket delivered me to Wick, a stones throw to John O Groats! Well, if you’re a highland games champion. I was away. This was a lovely relaxing hitch, happy days.

One stop off at a whiskey distillery (well, it is Scotland ;) and followed by a relaxing lunch in Dornoch. A beautiful attractive village with a lovely beach. I really like this town!


This gave me plenty of time before my connecting train to Wick. The sleepy train view was spectacular but some of the stations are some of the remotest I’ve ever seen! The gentle rocking put this ballbag to sleep along the way! Its now late and a after long train ride, I arrived with the finish line only ONE day away!

Love you
(a sleepy) Mr Testicles x

No comments: