Thursday 19 July 2007

Way way up north near Inverness...

An overcast morning and the mist is playing havoc with my pubes. I set of full of smiles! I've even made it into the Scottish Sun newspaper (but not page three ;). The editor clearly had a pun-fest... my first appointment was the Loch Ness museum, yes an entire museum dedicated to the beastie…

The loch is itself very beautiful, but is more renowned for its large and rarely seen beastie! I did give a few of the nessy spotters a bit of a fright... However I couldn’t get rid of the playful prehistoric pest. It's flipper splashing me as a walked along... I’m just kidding, I didn’t see a tap ;)


The hitching today was the hardest yet... the lack of traffic is a bit worrying but more worrying is the occasional super-fast speeding large lorry or coach. The roads are tiny and very bendy and my oversized ballbag is somewhat of a hazard!

Certain sections were deemed too dangerous so I ended up walking the most part of it! After 6 hours and for the first time, I entered my destination under my own bollock power!

I tried so hard today but I am so dependent on Good Samaritans and instead I got my first teaser... What is a teaser you wonder? Well, a teaser is where a vehicle slows down and stops... and just as you get there, they take off! This teaser was a band in a huge white van (which will remain unnamed)... they stopped and wanted a photo but would not give me a lift as they claimed they had no room in their huge van? Oh well, they got their photo and I was left to hitch on the near empty tiny bendy road. I have one thing to say to you lads... Hope the gig goes well...


Arrived in Inverness worn out and again (not for the first time) sweaty as only a ballbag can get!!

No comments: