Wednesday 11 July 2007

Eating like a King at 60 Hope Street, and boxing like a ballbag while the real guy went to see the queen...

Hello from up north! Day 10! Well what a day!

I arrived into Manchester completely worn out! And the morning gave a north wet welcome! The morning started with training at Ricky 'the hitman' Hatton Gym in Denton. Ricky was down in London collecting more medals (this time, one from the queen!) and well deserved Ricky is not only one of the best boxers that the UK has ever produced, but he is a true gent. He is proud of his local roots and is completely grounded and 100% focused! I am proud of what Ricky has achieved and how he has achieved it!He is a world champion and a real role model! So while he was down meeting the queen, I had a chance to punch his bags!
Putting on the gloves I could feel the power of my twitching sack unleashing my ballbag force onto the poor punch bags…Wow! Within minutes I worked up a sweat (and not for the first time on this trip) and pounded the bag with a fury of jabs, uppercuts and blasting blows.

Then stepping into ring, the same ring Ricky uses for sparing… my balls were swelling with pride, and with a call from my corner "Go Go hairy Nutsack!" I pounched around the ring like a gaint pair of bollocks should... shuffling, ducking and diving and unleashing my bollock power-blows to my trainers pad! If only Ricky could see me now!

One two, jab jab (wipe some sweat from my family jewels)... Bang Bang, blow after blow... Bell rings and I am still standing... In the Hairy corner... The One The Only…The Balls the Ballbag Bollock M-I-S-T-E-R T-E-S-T-I-C-L-E-S !!

Thanks to everyone at Betta Body Gym, Mrs Kays, Billy and all the guys.

Then back to it and I struggled to get a hitch, but about 40 mins later the wonderful Katie - a paramedic from Leicester - gave me my hitch and dropped me in the Liverpool!

Aah, Liverpool! How I love this town! The Scouse wit and some really beautiful girlies, and of course Ringo Starr! Ringo has always been my favourite Beatle, so I made a trip to the Beatles Story and thanks to all the staff for looking after me so fantastically!
Then it was time to get spruced up for a night out! I had my dancing shoes on just in case and I put on some nice smells too... Ahhhh! Oooooh that stung a bit... aftershave on the sack is never a good idea! ;) Thanks to Colin and all the staff at 60 Hope St Liverpool for the most amazing dinner!

My food critic appeal is limited, but I know what I like. Now I may look like AA Gill, but that’s as far as it goes! This restaurant - 60 Hope Street - is one of the top in Liverpool and gives some major London restaurants a run for their money! And its is easy to see why... The chilled atmospheric feel, combined with a fantastic menu (whereby every single plate that passed my table, I considered quickly changing my order!) The menu was filled with mouth-watering teasers as I struggled with the culinary choice... In the end I went for scallops in a lime sauce followed by a medium rare T Bone steak, and then that was followed by one I thee best lemon tarts I've ever had!

Mmmmm! This meal was badly needed and was totally outstanding! Eating out is one of the most important parts of life, with friends or family or loved ones... Excellent locally produced food, cooked by skilled professionals and served by dilligent waiters …Its great to be alive! Thank you Colin for all your support.
Had such a wonderful day!

So don’t forget to adopt the "ballbag bollock Mr Testicles"

Love you
Mr Testicles x

No comments: