Thursday 5 July 2007

Mr Testicles gets his hose out...


By chance I also popped into to the lads at Gloucester Fire Brigade, and they gave me a chance to get my big hose out and splash some boots! “Look at me, look at me, I’m a fire testicle... ha ha ha…Look out for my big hose!!!"

I love these guys and girls, they put their lives on the line day in day out… and realistically I don’t think we give them a thought until we need their vital service! In my eyes these guys and girls are heroes and we should be giving them all the support they need.

This particular station has been rocked by testicular cancer. Several years ago they lost one of their most promising fire fighters to testicular cancer... and more recently, fireman Scott Turner is currently in treatment for this bollock disease. Scott's story is one of cancer fighting rather than fire fighting! I met up with this powerhouse of a man, larger than life fire fighter and his story is one I hear far too often… Education of male cancer is vital! Looking forward to working with Scott to ensure that all his fellow fireman colleagues are well educated on male cancer!

Guys, you see, that is my job and that’s why I need to raise £50,000! That’s why I need your support so much! That’s way I am breaking my balls in this challenge! It is a simple case if testicular cancer is caught and treated early! It provides the best chance of kicking cancer's arse!! Education will provide lasting change in the fight against male cancer.

I wish Scott a speedy recovery and thank him for sharing his story and I look forward to working with him soon. Please challenge your company or boss to donate a few quid…

Thanks again to all the crew at Gloucester Fire Brigade, and a big sorry about splashing your boots! ;)

Love you,
Mr Testicles x

1 comment:

Magda said...

I'm Ipatinga / MG / Brazil. I would like to request permission to use the mascot Mr. Testicles for conducting cancer prevention campaign to male. We are a nonprofit organization that assists people with cancer. I await an urgent response. It will be our first campaign and consider Mr. testicles a relaxing way to tackle this taboo.
email: magdagabinete@hotmail.com